Monday, November 21, 2011

Working Mom

As I sit here and write this post my eyes are heavy and my head is pounding. I started my day with the sound of my alarm going off at 2am making sure Pat got up in time to go to work. I stay awake until I hear the house alarm set and I know Pat is on his way to work. I lay my head down on my pillow and what feels like seconds later I hear Zane cry. I look at the clock and it's 4am. "you have to be kidding me" I think to myself. I feed Zane, lay him down then Grace is up. Trying not to get frustrated I lay down next to her and get her back to sleep. Lay down and repeat the steps again. At 4:56am Zane finally fell asleep...my alarm is set to go off at 5am.
With my day already starting at 4am I start to get ready. By 6 both kids are up, fed, dressed and I try to finish making myself somewhat presentable. By 7:10 we are at school and I spend a little time there playing then head to work.
My drive in to work is a blur and all I can really do is think about how every red light that I stop at is allowing more people ahead of me get a parking spot at work before me. Yes I look at the cars in front of me as the enemy and that car I allowed to pull out from the McDonalds drive thru in front of my car could be the deciding factor on whether or not I get one of the last parking spots at work.
After finally finding a parking spot I walk in the cold and get to work. Then I sit till 4:45 doing my job thinking the entire time how much I miss my kids.
I race to my car at the end of the day, deal with traffic and finally get home. I spend about 2 hours with Pat before he heads to bed and those 2 hours are usually filled with making lunches, giving the kids baths, getting clothes ready for the next day. Before I know it Everyones asleep and I'm exhausted and dreading the repeat of activities that will like clock work happen again tomorrow.
I enjoy working, don't get me wrong but I'm missing my family more. I work so we can help provide our children with clothes on their backs, food in their tummies, shoes on their feet, and a roof over their head. Would I stay home everyday if I could? Absolutely! My goal is to not have to work and enjoy this time with my family. Hopefully 2012 will provide a new opportunity.
Ok enough for tonight, I just wasted precious sleeping time! Tomorrow is a new day and new memories.

No comments: