Sunday, November 30, 2008

Griswold/Clouse Christmas Tree


For the past 2 years Pat and I have decorated our 60 some foot Christmas tree with lights in our front yard. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation gave us the drive to do it. That is why we named the tree The Griswold/Clouse Christmas tree. Its a landmark! Our neighbors have even made comments and ask us if we are going to do it again next year. We take that as a compliment but it could be there way of saying Don't Do It!!

Above is Pat connecting the weight to throw over the top of the tree. He connects fishing line to it and then we pull the lights up with the fishing line. Don't mind his 80's ski ear warmer :)


Pat being a boy of course had to break out the sling shot he bought just for the occasion. Of course it didn't work and he ended up having to throw the line up there by hand. At least he had fun using it for a little while.


Pat up in the tree. He accidentally lost the weight and had to climb the tree. He climbed up that tree so many times! At least he had fun. I stood down below with my cell phone in hand ready to call 911 if he fell.



There it is. I know isn't it beautiful! I cant help but laugh when I look at it because it's a little odd looking. My mom said by the description over the phone that it could be a tree decorated by a Pollock, Pat said that Helen Keller could have done a better job then we did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! There's a bunch of UFO's in the last picture! It doesn't look like they're moving though.

Pat, keep watching them. Let me know how that turns out ;)