Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tis the Season...


Tis the season for snow! Tonight we finally got a good snow fall! We should wake up to at least 3-4 inches. According to the weather channel they said up to 6 inches in some places. I'm hoping when I wake up in the morning it will be gone!
In the picture above Emma is playing with her Frisbee. She loves the snow! Poor Turbo ran inside...she didn't have her boots and sweater on.


Tis the season for work holiday parties! This year the department I work in...Pediatric Nephrology, hosted our work holiday party at Putt n Glow. It was an indoor miniature golf where everything glows under black lights. We had a really good time. Everyone came and played games. Pat even won a free pizza on the last hole! Hole in One Baby!!!! After playing miniature golf we decided to play a little air hockey. It got a little competitive and my pinky finger is now a nice shade of purple.



Tis the season for Holiday dinners with friends. This past year Pat had season tickets to Comerica park to watch the Detroit Tigers. While being a season ticket holder he became friends with many others. Last weekend all the season ticket holders got together for dinner at Leonardo's for dinner in Romulas. We went to this particular restaurant because John is a chef there. We had a wonderful dinner and even did a white elephant gift exchange. It was pretty simple and the only one's to cause a little friction of course with stealing gifts were Pat and myself. I have to say in the end we walked away with an awesome set of plates and teapot designed by Carrie (John's sister).




Tis the season for birthday party's. Pat and I went to his old roommates house to help celebrate his buddy's birthday. They had 2 bands that played. It was interesting. They had lots of music, a heater in the garage, and a keg. I woke up the next morning with the shakes & a headache. Guess I could take it we had a fun night.





Tis the season for a little friendly competition with the co-workers. My department at work had a door decorating contest. So my boss and I decided to team up because we are both the winning type and decided to decorate a door together. Here it is! We took everyone's face and stuck it on a holiday figure. We came in 2nd! Bummer! Oh well what can you do. I guess I shouldn't have tried to bribe the judges...the kids that are patients on the floor :)

No comments: