Friday, July 3, 2009

Acupuncture

With our upcoming IVF in August I have been doing alot of research on how I can de-stress, help improve the success, and try to enjoy this whole process.

After many nights researching info on the internet I found myself going back to one treatment...acupuncture. I started to look into the treatment and find success rates, info, and pleasant outcomes. Im not a fan of needles and I was at first turned away from acupuncture due to the fact that for the next 1 1/2 months needles will be my life.

I called around to several different places close to home but became quite discouraged due to the cost of the treatments. We were looking at spending $400-$600 for 4-6 treatments! We are already paying so much for the IVF and just couldn't afford to spend that kind of money. So I gave up on the thought of acupuncture until...I came across a place in Livonia. They understand that normal income people are struggeling in this economy, they understand that not everyone can afford a weekly trip to have acupuncture done and spend $100 each time. They have created a sliding scale for payment. You choose how much to pay. Their sliding scale is anywhere from $20-$40 a visit. They want it to be affordable for everyone so they can continue the needed treatment and not break the bank.

Well I made an appointment for today and Im going to have my first visit with Linda. Im so excited and really hope that this will increase our success of the IVF. Medical studies have shown that women doing an IVF cycle and accupuncture have an increase in eggs that are of good quality and size, and stronger thicker lining of the uterine wall (which helps implant the eggs), and it releases stress which will reduce the number of contractions my body will put off so there is a lower risk of miscarraige.

I plan on going once a week up until the week of our IVF. The day before our egg retrieval I will go for a treatment and the day they do the IUI with our embryos I will go back. Depending on how I feel I may need to do the day after instead.

I will keep you all posted on my acupuncture adventure. Fingers crossed that this will be a positive and successful adventure!

No comments: