Sunday, October 12, 2008

Apple Orchard













Pat and I went to the apple orchard about 3 miles away from our house today. There were so many people out since this weekend it has been in the 70's! It was alot of fun but we picked way too many apples. We got to get a pumpkin right off the vine too.

Pat and Cory are going to make a batch of beer with all the cider we got today. It will be their first cider beer for Fall and are hoping it will be ready in time for our Fall Bonfire.
I decided to make my first apple pie. Its baking as I type so I will have to post the finished product later.

Since we had so many apples left over we thought Emma and Turbo should try one, they loved it!













2 comments:

Rami Rachel said...

very cool laura. did you really make that pie? It looks so professional.

Clouse House said...

Yes I did make it. It was my very first time! It turned out good. I'll have to post more pics. Oh by the way my dad said that the only way to truly find out what the midwest is like besides Fall is going to a pig farm and then getting on a plane!! :)