Saturday, April 18, 2009

Red Wings & 1-800-Call-Sam


I was at work when I got the phone call, it was Pat screaming on the other end of the phone. "Calm down Pat, whats going on? I can't understand a word you are trying to say!" Once Pat took a deep breath he blurted out "I'm going to the Red Wings game tonight and Im so excited!!!!!" Pat's boss gave him 2 tickets in a suite to the first Red Wings Stanley Cup playoff game. He tried calling Dick (my mom's husband) but he didn't answer. Pat has some new legal advice for him...answer the phone when his son in-law is calling, it's usually important. Important like 2 tickets to a Red Wings Game!!! Hopefully next time.

So Pat gave his old childhood friend Ben aka Peanut a call and asked him to go. Of course Peanut flipped out just the same as Pat. Originally the two planned on hanging out in our living room to watch the game but instead they were going to get to go to the game!!!


Ben & Pat.



During playoffs the players don't shave so everyone was given a beard to wear. Here is Pat hanging out in the suite with his new look.




Holy crap, it's 1-800-Call-Sam!! Pat called me from the game and told me I would never believe who he was sitting with, Sam Bernstein!! He sat and chatted with Sam and his wife. Pat told me they were so nice and normal that he almost forgot that he was sitting next to a guy he see's everyday on tv!




The two had a great time. It was a special night for both, neither one had been to a playoff game, not to mention a playoff game in a suite!!


3 comments:

Bobby G said...

I wish Sams crosse eyed son was there! Thatd be good times!

Clouse House said...

He's blind!!

Unknown said...

That is so totally incredible and wonderful, Pat's boss must really like him.. or Pat has a picture of his boss that the boss does not want out..
It is good to see genuine fans get to see the game and in a suite,, now that is sweet... (Had to do it..sorry)

M