Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 8th

3:30am my alarm started to go off and I knew my vacation had started! Woohoo!!

Poor Pat got up and drove me to the airport and I got off without any problems...well a short delay in security when the security guard told me my ziplock freezer bag was too big and he would have to throw away all of my items. My shampoo and lotions! Are you serious! The guy looked at me and told me I was lucky I caught him on a good day and it was too early to deal with travelers. I of course responded back that he was lucky I was still half asleep and too tired to argue! He let me through the gates and I was off too Texas.

Once I landed in Texas I had an hour lay over. Well that hour turned into 2 and they had to bring in a new plane from the hanger because the one we were going to get on was having "electrical problems". Glad they found out then instead of up in the air!

I landed in Ontario, CA and had a minor heart attack merging onto the 10 freeway. Another while getting onto the 15. Does anyone out there use their turn signals? I know the brake shops arent feeling the crunch of the economy out in CA!

Once I got to my dad's in Temecula we headed straight to the Green Burrito. I hate to say it but I was not impressed. La Familia Restaurant in Ypsi has them beat!


It was my Uncle Pete's Birthday so we headed down to the Swing Inn to visit with the car group and celebrate his birthday.









Here I am with Jean & my Uncle Pete.

There was a running joke for poor Gerry and his musical talent. Well of course boys will be boys and they turned it around and gave him a start like they have on the Hollywood walk of fame. Go Gerry!









During my visit I won the hearts of all of the guys in the car group and I became an "official" member for the picture. Eat your heart out Ry!

1 comment:

jodi said...

oh, how i love cali...give it a kiss from me :)