Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Safety Town in the Clouse House


So this past Tuesday Pat and I had our "walk-through" of our house to become Foster Parents. I went into OCD mode the week prior and cleaned the house top to bottom. I was so stressed over the fact that a complete stranger was going to come into our home and analyze the way we lived. She was going to tell us what needed to be fixed and what was ok.

I made due with what we could fix, what I could clean, and what I would be able to accept. To be honest I wanted to put the house in a bubble and wrap the entire contents of it in bubble wrap! Well that wasn't going to happen so I did what I could and....we passed!!!! We passed with flying colors! Our contact through the foundation made notes while she walked around, made little comments about our "safety" features, and filled out our check off list. During the walk-through she was so impressed that she wanted to pick up a few things for her own home and add some things to the check-off list for future foster homes.

I was so happy when she told us she had never seen a home so ready like ours. She even told us she wanted to expedite our application. She told us we were the poster family for their foundation and she couldn't wait to place us.

So after the walk-through I took a few pictures to show all of you a couple of safety features we added to the Clouse House. The above picture is of our stove. Awesome invention. I no longer have a fear of bumping our gas oven and accidentally moving one of the burner's on.


In every single electrical outlet we have plugs!



My old office has been transformed into a playroom. These kids are set! We have a little TV, a V-Smart, blocks, books, and a little table to do arts and crafts :)



Our laundry room. This was a huge concern for me since this is where we kept a majority of our cleaning supplies. Pat came to the rescue and installed shelves above our washer. The cleaning supplies are now out of reach...even to me!

5 comments:

Rami Rachel said...

Laura, everything looks awesome. the playroom is so great. and your gonna be great. I think you've done better at child proofing than I did. plus I think those things have defiantly been updated. Blake was able to take out the older version of the plug covers, and both my kids would pop off the door handle covers. and the adults could never get how to open the door with them on. hehe. pretty funny.
Im so happy for you. keep me updated, cant wait to hear good news.

jodi said...

amazing job -very excited for you guys!

Bobby G said...

Nice congrats on the process girl! i hear its long, but it sounds like you got the fast track!

Unknown said...

Laura, you have a book in the making.. No really. Keep a diary, I know you are busy but you will be pleased in years to come.. You either have a how to book.. or a story to be told.. the kids will be the answer to that question.. I am so proud to know you.. now about the things on the gas range, what do I ask for.. and where do I find them,, pet people need them too...

Be proud of yourselves. you are terrific people
M

Clouse House said...

Thank you for all your support!!

Mary, the stove knobs are awesome! I found them at babies R us. I no longer worry about bumping the knobs and having a gas leak!