Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Im Going Back To School!

So I have decided to go back to school...again. I decided to get my CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) and AAS (Associates in Applied Science).

With the state of economy we are in I needed some sort of job security. With my MA license I have a better chance at keeping my job at the UofM and with an Associates it always looks good on the resume.

I submitted my FASFA application, signed my agreement with the Loan Company..aka the Government! Im waiting on the amounts and will hopefully know more tomorrow.

I have decided to attend classes online through Kaplan University and have an estimated graduation date of June 2009. Hopefully it will be earlier if my past credits transfer. Once Im done with the online courses I will have 118 clinical hours I will need to complete. Im hoping my work will help me with this and I will be able to complete my clinical hours in the department I work in currently. After that all I will need to do is complete the test and will become certified.

I'll keep you posted on the status of everything!

1 comment:

Rache said...

ahh school. Let me know how the online schooling goes. Ive been thinking about that myself. Have fun : )