Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All Because of a Door



With the new owners on their way to our home we decided to get one last picture with my old car. It is because of this door handle that we met 4 yrs ago this June.

Most of you know the story but for those of you who don't here it is.

I was living in Ann Arbor sharing a place with my brother Ryan. Ry was going to car meets in Ann Arbor and became friends with Pat. He had told Pat about me and my car issues. At the time my drivers side door handle broke and I could only open my car door from the inside. Talk about embarrassing, having to climb across the front seats from the passenger side! Ryan was sick of me bugging him (3 months) to contact Pat so he could fix my car. In the mean time Pat was bugging him to introduce us.

It was June 6th in the afternoon when Ryan called me. All he said was: "Do you have a piece of paper, write this down!" Of course I had to question why he was so pissy and why did I have to write something down! He finally blurted out that he was giving his sister his friends phone number and made it clear it was just to have my car door fixed!

I wrote down the number, paced a few times and called Pat. He answered and asked me if he could call me back, he had just gotten out of the shower. WHAT! Call me back! What ever!

So I waited, and he called me back about 20 min later and we arranged for me to come over within the hour so he could take a look at the door.

It was a nasty hot and humid day and I had a fluorescent green cast on my arm from Lou. (RIP Lou Dog). To make a long story short Lou (my dog) broke my arm. I knocked on the door at Foster Street and Pat answered. I knew the second I saw him I was going to marry him. (I even went to work the next day and told the ladies I work with!)

Well Pat fixed the door and it broke a week later. 2 months later he fixed it and it never gave me a problem after that. He only fixed it because I told him I was going to go to Howard Cooper (Fischer Honda's enemy) and I was going to have them fix it! It was fixed that same day.

So to sum up our love story, we can thank that car door for bringing us together!

3 comments:

Bobby G said...

hats SO CUTE! AWWWWW

Rache said...

awhhhh what a cool story. Love it. funny that Ryan so didnt want to give you the number. but now he probably loves it.

Clouse House said...

He so didn't want to give me his number. It took 3 months! But I love the fact the during that 3 months Pat was bugging him too :)

I do have to add that not only did Ryan tell me he was giving me Pat's number just to get my door fixed but he also reminded me that Pat was HIS friend and I better be nice and not do anything to his friendship with Pat.

Thank you Ryan!